On the 1st of May 2020 a trip to Niasvizh for “OLDI SVET” LLC employees and their families was arranged, where entertaining tour around Niasvizh Castle was held. Our team managed to increase their cultural level, get distracted from day-to-day hustles and get to know each other better.
The emersion of a stone castle in Niasvizh is connected to the activity of Mikołaj Krzysztof “the Orphan” Radziwiłł. He decided that the princely residence must be a strong fortress, comply with up-to-date fortification requirements and clearly demonstrate the greatness of the Radziwiłł family. For that reason, instead of rebuilding the old wooden castle, the Prince commenced constructing a new one on a peninsula formed by artificial lakes on the river Usha.
The works began in 1582–1583 and were pretty much finished by 1600. There is no consensus on who the author of the project was. Previously it was recognized that the works were superintended by an Italian architect Gian Maria Bernardoni, however, modern researchers only indicate his participation in the construction process at some stages. It cannot be ruled out that M.K. Radziwiłł himself, who was deeply interested in architecture, was developing the project.
In 1993 the government of the Republic of Belarus adopted a deсree to create Museum-Reserve «Niasvizh», the palace restoration plan was developed and approved. On July 15, 2005 Architectural, Residential and Cultural Complex of the Radziwill Family was added to the UNESCO world heritage list as “an outstanding example of an architectural ensemble, which illustrates a significant period in human history”. After restoration works having been completed, in July 2012 the exposition of Museum-Reserve «Niasvizh» was entirely opened to the public.